java byte code
Byte code is compiled form of java programs. Once you have compiled the source code then you can use the byte anywhere, any operating system without compilation.
Some important points about byte code
- Java byte code is machine independent.
- A java byte code is a stream of 8-bits(1-Byte) of code so that it is called Byte code.
- Byte code have some small – small symbol which takes 1-Byte to store on memory.
- Byte code generally leave .class extension.
- Byte code is platform independent but JVM is machine dependent.
The byte code of every java class are available in rt.jar.